Thursday, February 3, 2011

Motivation


Good day everyone;=)

Today I have had a really tired and un-motivated morning for going up on the tread mill and do my intervalls. A bad sleepless night again and some tired muscles made me lie down in the couch again and sleep for one more hour. When I woke up I was so close to saying; I wont do it today!

But thanks to having a great exercising partner in Johan and also my own motivation, made me push myself up and did the workout. It was so hard and I felt so many times that I should quit etc, but when that happened I pushed myself a litle bit more and told my mental self that its only a few more minutes left etc.

And I did it. I survived. I feel good. I feel strong and proud of myself;=)

Many years ago I would never had been that motivated or stubborn to fullfill it like I have done the last years. When I was younger I was quite lazy and hated to run. Every time in school when we were having outdoor running, I ran a little bit and then faked an astma attack to just be able to skip the running;=)

But all over the years I have started to "long" for being able to run cause the people that run seem to looks so content while doing it and after being one of those that run nowadays, I agree. I love to run, even if some days are like today, harder and not so fun.

What I want to say with all this is that some of you ask me how I can get so motivated to do this day after day and its because I have learned that I need to exercise to feel good. My mood and my body need it. I feel so much happier inside, I can handle stress better, I sing better, I am a much better mum cause I have the strength to play with my kids etc. And I also love to have a strong and lean body and for me, that means that I need to keep it in shape since I am getting older and the metabolism and the organs slow down.

And not everyone love to run, but then there are so many other exercises to do, like dancing, bicycling, swimming, tennis, squash, volleyball etc.

Johan has started to follow a great app in the Iphone where your goal is to be able to do 100 push ups after following this programme. And there is also an app where your goal is to do 200 sit ups in a row etc. Great stuff out there;=)

No comments:

Post a Comment